Fall Potluck Picnic and Paddle at Devil’s (Spirit) Lake State Park—North Shore Entrance, Baraboo WI
Thursday, September 14, 2023
Join us at the North Shore of Devil’s Lake State Park to have a potluck picnic and paddle fun! Or join us for just the picnic! The limit for the naturalist guided kayak tours around the lake is 15 participants. Beginners are welcome, but it would be best if people had some paddle experience for maximum enjoyment. The two-hour-long tour includes stopping to hear the naturalist talk about nature and the history of the area. You can choose to paddle, relax, or enjoy a hike.
- When: Thursday, September 14, 2023
- Picnic time: 3:00–4:30 p.m.
- Paddle set-up, payment 4:30 p.m.
- Naturalist paddle tour: 5:00–7:00 p.m.
- Departure time (from FSC): Meet in upper lot at 1:15 for 1:30 departure
- Deadline for sign-up: September 7, 2023
- Register: Jo Anne Lindberg, 847-733-8050, firstname.lastname@example.org
What to give her:
- your name, phone number and email
- whether you will attend the picnic, the paddle or both
- whether you prefer a single or double kayak
- if you are bringing your own watercraft
- whether you can be a driver, and how many people you can take with you
A state park permit from the DNR is required on every car. A daily permit for seniors is $3 per car, or $13 annually (ending December 31).
Kayak rental is $25 for a single and $45 for a double. Reserve the boat with Jo, and pay her the day of the event at the park. You can also bring your own kayak.
While we won’t go on the lake if there is lightning, bring rain gear if there might be sprinkles.
The limit for the two-hour paddle with the naturalist is 15 people.
If you attend the picnic, but not the paddling, there are other options for you: (a) hiking trails; (b) Nature Center; (c) Ten effigy mounds; (d) kick back and relax
Contact Jo Anne Lindberg, 847-733-8050 or email@example.com, if you have questions. We will book as a group.